Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Stone Roses reunion set to be announced today

Now before I start, I must declare an interest here; for me, The Stone Roses are one of the greatest bands of all time and the chance to see them live would be incredible.

However, one of the greatest things about the band has been their, seemingly militant, refusal that a reunion would ever happen and therefore preserving the history of the music. Frontman, Ian Brown has spent a substantial amount of his solo career denying that such a reunion would ever happen.

However, Reni has cryptically indicated that he would not be involved with any reunion so it remains sketchy as to what lineup will be wheeled out.

I was skeptical, to say the least, when I heard the newest additions to the rumour mill. However, whispers grew louder and with it seeming that today's press conference will confirm two shows in Manchester next year.

There is nothing better than a band refusing the millions offered to reform and roll out the hits; but, does that make me any less excited? Does it bollocks!

Keep it LGB for any updates